TRElab, the transport research laboratory of Roma Tre University, is looking for researcher on a project titled L-3D: a new dimension of participation funded by Lazio Region (Gruppi di ricerca 2020 call). The project will develop an innovative approach to support decision-making in urban freight transport planning by facilitating stakeholders’ involvement and evaluating their acceptability to innovative solutions.
The project develops Stated Preference and Discrete Choice Models integrated with interactive audio-visual content based on patented HI® technology, which combines elements of Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
In line with the ongoing research and innovation actions where TRElab is involved, the project will improve the activities of the Logistics Living Lab (LLL) in Rome. In concrete terms, starting from the involvement of an already formed group of companies that regularly participate in the activities of the LLL, the project will facilitate the decision-making process with respect to specific logistics intervention measures in Rome.
1-year research fellow, renewable for another year. The position is based in Rome, Italy.
As a Research Fellow, the main duties will include:
- Leading the on-the-field activities foreseen in the project;
- Generating and pursuing independent and original research ideas in the appropriate subject area;
- Developing research objectives and proposals and contributing to setting the direction of the research project and team including preparing proposals for funding in collaboration with colleagues;
- Evaluating methods and techniques used and results obtained by other researchers and to relate such evaluations appropriately to your own work;
- Preparing papers for publication in leading international journals and disseminating research results through other recognised forms of output;
- Working both independently and also as part of a larger team of researchers, engaging in knowledge-transfer activities where appropriate and feasible
Skills and experience
Desired skills and experience of the candidate:
- Good knowledge of Italian and English;
- A PhD or near completion in a relevant discipline – e.g. transport, economics, engineering, political science, or another relevant background;
- Experience or affinity with freight transport planning from a research perspective;
- Experience with conducting quantitative research methods;
- Familiarity with Stated Preference data collection and analysis;
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines, manage competing demands and work effectively under pressure without close support;
- A proven track record of peer-reviewed publications in high impact factor journals or a potential to publish in them;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills;
- A proven ability to work well both individually and in a team;
You can find the official call here: https://apps.uniroma3.it/public/assegni/cartellaAssegni/f4bbe328-5729-4641-a2f3-56ebdd4b16d4.pdf
For further information please contact: Edoardo MARCUCCI, Director – TRELAB | Transport Research Lab – Roma Tre University: email@example.com.