Rome, Italy SIET SCIENTIFIC MEETING 2021
The XXIII SIET Scientific Meeting is hosted by TRElab, at Department of Political Science,
Roma Tre University
XXIII Scientific Meeting of the Italian Association of Transport Economics and Logistics (SIET)
We are pleased to announce that the XXIII Scientific Meeting of the Italian Society of Transport Economics and Logistics (SIET) (www.sietitalia.org) will take place online on September 30th – October 1st , 2021.
The title of the Conference is “Resilience, Innovation and Behaviour Change in Transport”.
Professsor Lóránt A. Tavasszy (TU, Delft, The Netherlands) will be keynote speaker with a lecture titled : “The Physical internet innovation roadmap: implications for transport research”.
Professor Roger Vickerman (University of Kent, UK) will also give a lecture titled : “Curating an Encyclopaedia: Defining the State of the Art in Transportation Research and Future Challenges”.
A special session will be organised in memory of Prof. Giancarlo Polidori who passed away in 2020.
You can find the updated version of the programme here.
Call for papers
Theoretical and empirical papers are welcome on the topic of the Conference and on related issues.
In particular, papers are welcome when dealing with topics pertaining to the critical pillars of the recently published European Commission’s document titled “Sustainable and smart mobility strategy” which can be downloaded here.
More information about the Call for Papers is available here
Call for Special Sessions
Those who would like to organize specific thematic sessions can make a proposal to the local organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 7th, 2021.
Abstract and paper submission
Please submit an extended abstract of approximately 800-1000 words. The abstract should clearly state the research question, the methodology, the main (or expected) results and references. The document should indicate title, author(s), affiliations, corresponding author (e-mail), three keywords.
Click here to submit an abstract.
Contributors, whose abstract is accepted, are invited to submit a full paper by and no later than August 31st, 2021. Those who have registered for partecipating in SIET Best Paper Award and Giancarlo Polidori Best Paper Award must submit it. Template for the full paper ìs avaìlable here.
Click here to submit your full paper.
- Abstract submission deadline: April 30th, 2021
- Extended abstract submission deadline: May 14th, 2021
- Accepted abstract notification: May 31st, 2021
- Registration deadline: June 30th, 2021
- Full paper submission deadline: August 31st, 2021
The “SIET Best Paper Award” for young researchers is awarded to the best paper submitted by an author who is under the age of thirty.
The prize money is € 300,00, in addition to a two-year enrolment-fee waiver to the association, granted, this year, by external financial support.
Submitted papers, whether theoretical or empirical, can pertain to any subject in the area of transport economics and logistics .
For a paper to be eligible for this award, please download here the Terms &Conditions .
The scientific committee in charge of the selection process is composed by the current and past SIET Presidents or their delegates.
The”Giancarlo Polidori Best Paper Award” for young scientists is awarded to the best paper submitted by a young graduate student or a PhD candidate.
The prize money is € 500,00, granted by TRElab, Roma Tre University.
Submitted papers, whether theoretical or empirical, can pertain to any subject in the area of transport economics and logistics with a particular emphasis on transport policy and behavioural change.
For a paper to be eligible for this award, please download here the Terms &Conditions
The scientific committee in charge of the selection process is composed by:
- Edoardo Marcucci, Professor of Transportation Economics at the Department of Logistics, Molde University College in Norway and Professor in Economic Policy at the Department of Political Sciences of Roma Tre University
- Paolo Polidori, professor of Public Finance at the University of Urbino School of Law
- Marco Marini, professor of Microeconomics and Advanced Microeconomics at the University of Rome La Sapienza
- Davide Ticchi, professor of Economics at the Marche Polytechnic University.
Registration and conference fees
To participate in the conference, as a presenter, co-author or auditor, please:
- fill this form.
- follow the payment instructions.
Conference fees are:
- for SIET members: €0
- for Non SIET members aged under 30 (Discounted Non SIET member fee): €50
- for Non SIET members aged 30 and over (Regular Non SIET member fee): €100
The above reported fees apply only if the Conference will be attended online. Should the Conference take place in-person, fees might change for those who prefer to attend it in Rome, so to cover organisational costs.
How to register to the Conference as a Non SIET member:
- Pay the registration fee
- The conference registration fees for 2021 are €100 (regular) or €50 (individuals younger than 30).
- Use the following payment description: “Last name First name Conference registration fee 2021”
- Cancellation and refund policy:
- conference registration cancelled before September 1st: 80% refund;
- conference registration cancelled after September 1st: no refunds.
How to register to the Conference as a SIET member:
- Pay the membership fee for 2021
- The membership fees for 2021 are €70 (individuals aged 30 and over) or €35 (individuals aged under 30).
- Use the following payment description: “Last name First name SIET membership 2021”
Bank details for the payment of the Conference or membership fees:
- Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti, Unicredit Banca spa – Agenzia Trieste Fabio Severo, Via Fabio Severo 152 – 34127 Trieste. Account number: 41272996; ABI: 02008; CAB: 02223; IBAN: IT 25 Z 02008 02223 000041272996; Branch swift: UNCRITM10UC Bank swift: UNCRITMM.
If you are not a SIET member and you want to apply for the SIET membership:
Send an email to email@example.com containing:
- your curriculum and the request to be admitted as a SIET member (please see the rules of the admission process: http://www.sietitalia.org/soci.htm);
- your contact information (address, email, etc.);
- whether you are eligible for a discount (i.e., under the age of 30);
- the proof of the membership payment for 2021 (should the application be rejected the fee will be refunded).
Transport Research Lab (TRElab), Roma Tre University, Department of Political Science
Via Gabriello Chiabrera 199, RM 00145